Sunday, January 29, 2012

MY FAMILY IN ASIA

Finally I flew to Asia via Tokyo to Manila.   I flew Business Elite all the way from Atlanta, GA one of the perks with my job.   Having few hours in Tokyo it reminded me of my stop over there 17 years ago on the way to New York from Hongkong to get married.  I remember my childhood girlfriend IAN who was also my Maid of Honor,  our son Vladimir who was left behind in Hongkong to run my business and wrap up the life we built in that country.  I remember Vlad's challenges to get his visa to USA to be able to walked me down the aisle.  I remember my cousin Becky and her family from Newark, NJ that made the effort to travel with 3 young kids.  May the little girl and the youngest that stole the wedding event.  She captured the guests attention.  I remembered Cindy Near that gave me the warmest embraced upon arrival and became one of the most treasured extended family I got as I started my life in USA.  Tokyo seems to be my stop over every time I made a journey from East to West and West to East!    The place also gave my yearning for sashimi/sushi/odon noodles a complete satisfaction.   Added to that are those KitKats with different flavors that  you can only find in Japan.

Midnight in the City of  Manila is like other big cities, the lights, the buzz ling and seems no one sleeps that includes our 7 year old Bea who was the birthday celebrant .   Our loving daughters May and Beejay came over and met me.   My short stay were filled with so much activities and memories that will last a lifetime.   I was able to see Cris Victoria my forever friend and finally met her 2 grand daughters, Portia and Scarlett.   I love Cris so much and her daughter Ynna I consider my niece is so gorgeous.   Wow 26 years later Cris Nery another great loving friend of mine made it happened, our mini reunion.   It was bittersweet for me to see us together again but the time was against us and we also need to bid goodbye.   The funniest thing we acted like we were just once again fresh from college....  laughter's, teasing and talking of bullying on those days, our group was so guilty of that!  Well we were the chosen few, we were young, intelligent and yes PROUD little rascals!!   I will definitely plan to get off work longer next time.  

Cris wanted me to stay at her Condominium which was so beautiful and a world class setting overlooking the biggest gold course in Manila and one of our friend wanted me to stay at Manila Peninsula as well.   I opted to stay at Vlad and May's home to be near Enzo and Kevin and a short distance to Beejay, Nelson and Bea.   At the same time JR is a near proximity.   Cris sent her driver and car to pick me up and take me back home whenever we got to meet up for dinner/sauna/shopping or simply spent time together.   I experienced first hand the life of May and Vlad.   It was hectic but they are not stress nor unhappy.   It was more like a dance.  Whatever the tempo, they gracefully glide to it.  I was very amazed of their calmness but at the same time their motivation to make the day productive.   I love my morning coffee time with Vlad and May.  The best though was with Enzo.   I will never be able to describe our conversation and time together.  Why?  I had in many occasions a technical and precise description of every submarine, tanks, aircraft etc.  with the history of each that I got no clue where to start and what to say.   When 6 years old kids love to watch cartoons, he is watching the discovery channels or reading books.   Kevin on the other hand is sweet and although he prefer to be left alone with his crafts there are times he will kiss me, priceless!!!!    Bea is so much a lovely clingy girl to her mother.   I supposed as they grow up they will start to be more independent.  When I was at their home, she was preparing for a Quiz Bee Competition and she did great and got the 2nd Place.  Considering I don't consider our time we were left to study as study time!  I find out I cannot be really be trusted taking care of kids.  Bea's  7th Birthday Celebration was "wow"!   Should I say more.   The event gave us an opportunity to also gather all the families that I have not seen for a long long time, so it was after all a great moment in time.   With all these now I know I came from a family that will make any opportunity to PARTY!   I came from a family that are  HAPPY and GENUINE!  I love the positive vibes and the togetherness.

We missed JD, Mark and his family, Vic and his family this time.  JD was not allowed to travel due to his back problem but he is ok now.  Mark is expecting his 2nd child soon and Vic still in the process of completing his kids permanent residency in USA.   Nevertheless we are all looking forward of being together one way or another.   God willing when the time comes it will be our gift of life to one another!

My time in the Philippines got extended for a day, the life of a non-revenue passenger !  Luckily it was another day of happiness with my family!  (January 20 to February 4, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment