Sunday, September 2, 2012

SUMMER 2012

There were the heat wave, the 3digits temperature, the sun, the surf, the blooms of summer , the yard picnics,  political campaigns, new beginnings, recreation, milestones, families. friends, travels and nostalgia that brought a life of heated wonderful summer blues. 

JD and Einstein started their annual road trip to upstate New York while I finished my work to also
head to the Far East.   Before my big trip I set aside to be sure I will be present in celebrating my
great friend Stephanie Watson's birthday at Eleanor's.   I was able to manipulate my schedule in a way that I can be free that night.  Once again the phrase if there is a will, there is a way worked!
What a great celebration and my favorite was her singing balloon which is really annoying! (I gave that to her.)   Following day was another milestone to our great neighbor and family friend Herbert & Margit Schloesser in celebrating their citizenship.  They are now an official USA citizen!  Hurray!!!!

A flight distance of approximately 9, 600 miles travelled by car, plane, train and foot.  Left USA on 14th of August and arrived Singapore on the 17th of August.  It took me 3 days to reach the Far East, Japan and Singapore.   It was planned way ahead for our group of special friends to get together and celebrate Ian's life .   It was also a birthday  month for Cris that played an important role in her life.
Unexpected turmoil happen in the Philippines where many parts of the country were affected by the storm and flooded.  My family were not exempted but unhurt.  For that we are very grateful.  Unfortunately our friend Vicky and her family not only got flooded but also lost her Dad.  Other's personal life took a toll on them.   "When one or two are gathered in my name!"....   I lifted this trip to HIM knowing that Em have made arrangements for our arrival despite the fact she herself been inundated with family gatherings and other social and family obligations.  Moreover,  I so wanting to spend time with Cris and celebrate her birthday too.

Another great memories been created.  It was a blast!  Thank you to Bill Butler for the nice room at the Grand Hyatt Hotel and a very impressive impeccable customer service.   How can you not smile remembering those moments, how can you not shed tears of the past,  how can you not rejoice sharing our tribulations and struggles,  how can you not relax when you can open your heart and bear your soul to your true friends without worries.  Then the reality strikes, time to say goodbyes.... although there was sadness, there is also that connection that whatever the future brings there will be a permanent place of each other in our heart. 

It was another long journey to be reunited with JD, Einstein and our NY family and friends.  I survived and joined the gang in NY.   Family reunions, friends reunions,  catching up and picked up where we left behind.  The best part I get to spent time with Cindy Near, my first best friend in NY.
I love her to the point that it bothers me when I see her sad looks and make me sad too!  I believe in her and she will just be fine.  There is no greater joy than joy itself when you spent time with all those that means a lot to you...  my sister Donna and her family and Cole.....  our baby!  Aunt Flav and her family, our darling friends John & Missy,  Sue & Dave,  Joe & Kathy,  Andy & Toffie (North Carolina)......  and saying goodbye never get easy, ugh!

There is no place like home!!!!   and sumer ends.   We now welcome the BER months!

My first stop to the Far East Tokyo, Japan




Singapore watch out to these Exotic beauties!


SINGAPORE SKYLINE

Wining & Dining to celebrate Cris Birthday at Ku De Ta, Singapore

This is the boy that stole everybody's heart..... COLE !

Our family in New York

Einstein buddies in NY .....  ANGEL  &  MORGAN

OUR AUNT FLAV AND HER FAMILY

FRIENDS REUNION IN SPAGHETTI WAREHOUSE, SYRACUSE

BFF CINDY NEAR

ANDY AND TOFFIE'S LAKEHOUSE IN LAKE NORMAN, NC





 

No comments:

Post a Comment