Friday, October 24, 2014

OLGA LOPEZ

10/23/2014

I am home this day and like any going home day I love to catch up with girlfriends and do girly stuff.  Gail Newman and I got a date for Mani/Pedi day and who knows what after that.   Went to her house and Margit Schloesser was there too another great girlfriend.   It was a beautiful day having coffee at Chateu Newman Garden.   We were interrupted from when my phone rang.  Olga was on the other line.  It truly gave me goose bumped she sounded like a voice from graveyard.  Is this a halloween joke?   She wanted to see me and talke to me.  I told her I am at the Newman's and Margit was there too if it is ok for her to come over or I will drive back home to see her.  She said ok.   It did not take long the door bell rang and came right in front of us a beautiful creature wearing a beautiful wig.  The rest was history.

Olga is diagnosed with 4th stage cancer!!!!  She said it is now in her liver and bones.  She wanted to give up and tired and weak.  Her 2 daughters requested her to continue and as a mother she dont want them to think she is giving up.

Olga been with me and JD and been a faithful, trustworthy, loving, caring househelper of ours since we moved to Atlanta.   A lot of our friends complained on the quality of her services which is understandable and gave up on her and her sister in law Adriana.   We did not for we saw in them thhe true meaning of loyalty.  They are in many occassions proved to be dignified ladies.  There being poor have never been a hindrance to be generous in giving whenever there were occassions for charity or someone in need.  They contributed more than some of our neighbors that are rich and not short of money.

Olga and Adriana gave from the heart not wanting any recognition nor accolade.  Truly they are not perfect but are we.  They may not have anything materially but they are richer than anyone I know of.
Olga and Adriana's heart are both flowing with generosity even if it hurts their own pockets, even if it is a hand to moouth existence, they will part with it with no hesitation to extend help to someone.

I tried very hard for me not to be the focus of this difficult time, not to let anyone how broken hearted I am, not to let anyne knows the tears and emotion I am controlling.  Not just the possibility of losing OLGA but the thought of losing Jeni and Elaine's mother that they so adored and depend on.  A mother and a father to them, the only sole bread winner that wanted nothiing but to make them responsible Christian adult.

The past 2 days have been nothing but trying to organized and reached out to all friends to at least lay out her wishes and try to help them in the best way we can as her friend, extended family and moreover as our dearest OLGA .

OLGA trusted me with so much of her pain and joy, her struggles and triumph.  She trusted me with her deepest feelings knowing I will keep it very close to my heart.  

As days pass by I am lifting her to our Almighty God.   

No comments:

Post a Comment